"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." - Ancient Chinese Proverb








Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

More Pictures!!!

I received updated information about Aubrey Mei today with 2 new pictures --she is so beautiful!!





Height: 70 cm  Weight: 8 kg  Head Cir: 44.5 cm  Chest Cir: 44.5 cm 
HepB: negative  Foot Length: 11.5 cm  Teeth: 3
Sitting?: Yes  Standing?: Yes Walking: No Speaking: No
How long has the child lived in the orphanage? 0 months
How long has the child been in foster care? 11 months                
Does the child currently reside in the orphanage or foster care? She is currently in foster care.
Where does your child sleep? She sleeps in a bed with her foster parents.
Other information?  Everything else is normal.


I feel so very blessed. I am so grateful that my child has foster parents caring for her. To know that she has had her foster parents there for her, to comfort her and give her hugs and kisses warms my heart. I know Gotcha day may be sad for my precious baby, the transition will be difficult for her, but for good reasons. She has been cared for and loved by her foster parents until this time. She will not know me at first, but I hope she will understand very soon how much her new mommy loves her. Please pray for us to bond quickly so she is not sad for long.

1 comment:

  1. Kathleen, She is just too beautiful for words. I can not wait to meet my new baby cousin and give her presents and big hugs!

    I think she will bond with you quickly, I am a big fan of attachment parenting and the beliefs. The fact that she has co-slept with foster parents will have taught her trust and security. Don't be surprised if she wants to spend a lot of timew snuggling mama. Can you email me your address? I have a bunch of mei tais from when I did private practice, AKA as ABC Asian baby carriers, Aubrey is probably familoar with it and you use it to tie her onto your body and basically "wear" her, which will also increase her comfort and security with you. I will send you a pic of Patrick in one with me and you will see what it means. They have a little learning curve with tying, but I bet in China they are experts and you will have it down pat ASAP/ You can wear her on your back, front. and hip.

    ReplyDelete