"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." - Ancient Chinese Proverb








Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Aubrey Mei!

My sweet baby. Today is your first Birthday. I wish so much we were together, that I was holding you in my arms and singing Happy Birthday to you. I am crying so many tears today -  you should have your Mommy with you! If I had it my way, my precious Aubrey, you would be home with me already and you would be having a huge celebration with your forever family.  Soon we will be together and you will never spend another birthday without knowing how much your Mommy loves you. Your Aunt Sharon says that you must feel all this love from this big, wonderful family of yours already - all the way in China. I pray to God this is true, and you do feel this absolute, unconditional love from Mommy, Goppy and all your many aunts, uncles, and cousins. You have already received your first ecard from Goppy - you are going to love it! Uncle Timmy and Brian brought you a birthday cake last night - Did you here us singing to you? We were pretty loud! When you get home, you will have lots and lots of birthday presents to open!!

Happy Birthday, My beautiful Aubrey Mei Jing!  Mommy sends you hugs, kisses and so much LOVE!




First ecard from Goppy!




Hand written by Uncle Timmy with love!





**** Aubrey - you are so loved! The following letter is from your Mommy's special sister, Mary. She sure has a way with words!!
AUBREY MEI JING MCDONNELL
A year ago today God sent the world a noble beautiful gifted woman……

Happy First Birthday, Aubrey Mei Jing McDonnell,  the beautiful gifted girl in our lives.  We carry our love for you in our hearts. We are blessed to  be a part of your life now.  We hope you feel our love and tribute to you.
Your mother, my sister, Kathleen, our family’s angel,  has been waiting so long for you. She prayed for you. She trusted God and kept faithful that you both would be united to share an adoption journey of unconditional commitment and devotion. You and your mother affirm our conviction that God has a plan for all of us. We know the wait has been long and difficult for you both, yet you both share amazing strength and spirit. This will sustain both mother and daughter until you embrace each other for the first time in few weeks. Your mommy will be holding you soon.
Today we celebrate you, Aubrey Mei Jing McDonnell,  on your first birthday, an angel among us, a daughter of an angel, a dream come true, a future full of promise.
We love you and are so thankful for you.
Love always,
A part of your forever family,  Aunt Mary, Uncle Rob, Jared, Callen and Landon



**** Aubrey - I received this email today. Did you know you sent it?? Suspect Aunt Mo is behind this!

Hi Mommy,
It is my very first birthday today and a special day for you too. Wish we could be together.  Can't wait to meet you.
Love
Aubrey Mei


**** Great news on your birthday, Aubrey! Aunt Shanghai Sharon got her passport today and will get her Visa next week -- This is just another sign that she is meant to meet us in China! Her passport received on your birthday, plan is to have your mommy arriving in China on the birthday of your cousin, Emily (Oct 6) and returning home with you on Aunt Sha's birthday (Oct 19) - like I said, meant to be!!!


**** Thank you Laura and Gabriella for the sweet Happy Birthday message to Aubrey Mei! You have a beautiful voice, Gabriella!



LOTS AND LOTS OF FAMILY AND FRIENDS THINKING OF YOU TODAY, SWEET GIRL!!






1 comment:

  1. Kathleen, I just heard today there were blog updates! I had no idea! I am sooooo very excited for you. You have waited so long for this time to come. It looks like this beautiful baby Aubrey was worth the wait! I can not meet to meet her, I just showed Colly and Jess her picture and they can not wait to meet her either. I hope this month goes fast for you and Aubrey is in your arms before you know it. Congrats!
    With Love,
    Heather and Family
    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete