"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." - Ancient Chinese Proverb








Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

First Saturday Mass with Goppy and Aunt Mo

I am ashamed to say it took me this long to get to mass to thank God for my most precious gift in the world, my daughter. My excuse, my daughter - I know it was not a good one but wanted us to get to know each other a little more before venturing to mass ( one hour of not talking, laughing or moving around)-- did not know how my little girl was going to do it. She did great! It helped that she slept through the 1st half, then woke up to see Goppy and Aunt Mo next to her to entertain her. She has gotten even more vocal - when she wants something she keeps repeating THAT - very loudly!! And she wants a lot of things! So I was glad we sat in the back and she kept it to only a few THAT's. Aubrey was so intrigued by the Blessed Mother statue- she just kept staring at it. Maybe she felt the presence of her Grandpa there, as I did. We lit candles after mass- 1 for Emily, 1 for Goppy, and 1 to give thanks that Mommy and Aubrey are together at last. Aubrey received a blessing from the Parish priest at St. Peters before we headed off to go shopping at the mall. Everybody knows by now this kid loves to shop (thanks alot Aunt WahWah Shang Sha). She got a ride in Goppy's walker, then off with Aunt Mo to explore the Mall! We had to play all the musical stuffed animals in the card shops-- her Mommy has a very difficult time not scooping all of them up and buying them for my sweet girl! Then we looked at Christmas dresses for my cute little China doll- can't wait to see her dressed up for Christmas. After the mall we went to Cheesecake Factory - one of her Mommy's favorites. Aubrey loved it! She had mac and cheese and some of my dinner and Aunt Mo's -- Aunt Mo heard a mouthful from little Aubrey when she wasn't fast enough sharing her food! She can't wait until we go to Church next weekend!

Um, Give me another minute, please. I haven't quite decided yet.

So glad that nice waiter recommended mac and cheese - yummy! So good I need two spoons.

What do you mean by BAD HAIR DAY??

1 comment:

  1. I love the crazy hair!! Cheesecake factory?? Not bad for starters. Just a tad better than the food in China!! Maybe Aubrey can teach us to eat cheesecake with chopsticks so we don't eat it so fast! No wonder her culture is so petite. But no matter what anyone says, she DOES NOT have Chinese feet!. Flights are booked. Can't wait to see my girl in February(unless ofcourse Mommy wants to come ups for New Years!! Love you Aubrey Mei!

    ReplyDelete