"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." - Ancient Chinese Proverb








Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy First Thanksgiving!

Aubrey Mei had a wonderful time tonight at Aunt Mo and Uncle Rob's. She had so much fun meeting her new friends Kathleen and Eddie and Gary and Mary. She thought Gary was very funny! She just loved her new clothes from Kathleen- thank you, Kathleen. She tells me she wishes her Mommy could cook like Aunt Mo and bake cookies like Mary. She sat next to Goppy at dinner and of course had to share her meal with her. Poor Katy could not get a break from our little girl - she is crazy about that dog!
Maureen assigned me Grace tonight - she knows that I am not very good at this, not a good speaker and get embarrassed easily - even in front of family, but I have so much to be thankful for this year that I looked forward to it. I said the usual Grace and then had to express just how thankful and blessed I am. Of course, for my precious daughter sitting next to me at the table.  I will always be thankful that her biological parents left this sweet child in a place where she would be found quickly and brought to a very good orphanage in Fuzhou - one that receives funding from Half the Sky foundation (how their hearts must have broken that day). I will always be thankful that she was almost immediately place in foster care with foster parents who loved and cared so much for my sweet girl. Will always be thankful for the more than 5 years that I had to wait for my girl, for if I did not have that wait we would not be together now and I can never, ever imagine life without this incredible little girl. Thankful that her Goppy was sitting next to her at dinner, she had to endure such a difficult time this year and multiple hospital stays  and we are all so proud of her strength and determination to get well. So proud of you, Mom! Thankful to all our family and friends who love us. Maureen and Rob always make Thanksgiving so special, but this year I will always remember sitting at the table with my happy daughter for the first time -- thank you Maureen and Rob for always being so good to me and now to my precious daughter!

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Looking gorgeous in her new dress

Aubrey was a little nervous over meeting new friends - she clung to her Goppy to feel safe. Of course, this did not last long and was soon laughing and smiling with everyone.


My girl is so beautiful - How blessed am I to have her in my arms!


Wow - what should I try next? It's all so Yummy!

Can we take some of Mary's cookies home? Please!!!

All that yummy food made me sleepy


No comments:

Post a Comment