"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." - Ancient Chinese Proverb








Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, October 10, 2011

Gotcha!!!

I can't believe this day has arrived!! I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face as I look at my precious daughter sound asleep on the bed. Aubrey Mei was placed in my arms around 12:00 today, very reluctantly. The guides had to pretty much pry her off of the orphanage worker to give her to me. As predicted, the transition has been difficult for my little girl. After much crying, we found a corner in the room with a mirror -- and looking at her own beautiful face soothed her. It is now 6:45pm and she has been on me the whole time since placed in my arms. So glad I have the carrier! She does not like to stay in one place for long or I get the ANGRY face, and have gotten that a lot. No smiles from my beautiful daughter yet, but I know there will be many in the future, hopefully the near future! I can tell you she likes to explore new places, as long as she is in my arms--- and that is fine by me! So we saw the lobby, the pool, the convenience store next door, the conference rooms, the hallways over and over again. I think this kid will help with my weight loss. Of all the babies today, only one must have sugar in their formula and rice cereal bottle- Can you guess which one! Well after 2 attempts at a bottle, I must have put in just the right amount of sugar on the 3rd and she downed 10 ounces. Sissi, the guide suggested steamed eggs and noodles. Thank you, Sissi, she loved it! Sharon suggested a toy with lights. I am so glad I brought the seahorse-it plays soothing soft music and his belly lights up a soft yellow glow.- thanks, Sha. She finally dosed off holding it. And Mom--Yes I gave her lots of hugs and kisses from her Goppy!! Thank you God for this precious gift! She is perfect -angry face and all!!

Mommy's first touch!

Best feeling in the world!

My poor scared baby


sweet dreams, my precious daughter!

Love Her!!!





3 comments:

  1. Kathleen!
    I am so happy you have your daughter! I know the first day or days is a mixture of so many emotions. Cici was not thrilled with us at first either. We got her on a Monday and by Wednesday she crawled out of her shell and showed us the happy side of her. Some kids will show you the happy side right away, some delay the anger, but IMO it was nice to get the angry stuff out of the way at first. She made us prove ourselves which was good.

    Congratulations. She is beautiful. And she is yours. And remember that she is going through an emotional roller coaster and so if you find yourself on one too, just ride it out. Sending you lots of love! Is your sister with you or does she arrive in GZ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen, Aubrey is such a beautiful girl. I know the transition is tough, but I bet she will be feeling much better in the next few days as she figures out how much her new Mommy loves her. I'm so happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty!! Worth every second you had to wait for her!! I can't wait to hold precious Aubrey in just about one week!! You are both so blessed to have each other. In just a few days. she will adjust and then she'll have to get used to her crazy Aunt! Aunt Shanghai Sharon is already writing out the shopping list for when we get back to NY. Lindsey and Emily can't wait to meet their gorgeous new cousin and we will have to keep Charity posted on how our little China doll likes our big newfie!! (and Clover too!) Love you both!

    ReplyDelete