"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." - Ancient Chinese Proverb








Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, October 14, 2011

Perfect Day!

Some of the group went to Mount Lushan today. It was absolutely beautiful, the views were breathtaking. Aubrey loved hiking down the mountain -like I said yesterday, as long as she is moving she is a happy girl! The weather was perfect. It was so nice walking around the mountain town and was really sweet seeing all the children on the streets and in the playground after school. It was so nice to see this side of China - Aubrey Mei's country is beautiful. When we got back to the hotel, we went for a walk in the stroller and played with some of the other kids. This was the first time Aubrey actually let me put her down and sit on the floor without crying! She just kept smiling and she pulled herself up holding onto my finger and took a few little steps toward me-- she was just so excited and proud of herself! When everyone was going back to their rooms, we were saying our goodbye's and I know I heard my little girl say Bye Bye and she waved! Lucy heard it too! Oh, and big thank you to Christine and Eric who saved the day! Aubrey's favorite toy, her Panda, fell over the ledge and almost landed in the lake - she was just looking over the ledge and staring at her Panda and her Mommy was having a meltdown for letting it drop. Christine jumped down what had to be at least a 7 ft wall to retrieve the Panda and Eric was there to pull Christine back up!! I know I keep repeating myself, but I have to say again I am so blessed to be traveling with all these wonderful, caring people. Thank you, God, for another happy day!!





Aubrey Mei just had to mail her first card (postcard) to Goppy! That's Sissi walking into to the post office.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Kath! You look great!! You are so lucky to have a sleeping baby. You don't even look tired. I can't believe the evolution of this blog over the past few days. It's amazing to see the bond already between you and your gorgeous daughter. In just a few days she has come from being being scared and sad to happy, comforted and trusting. But then what kid doesn't love you???!!Just a few more days and I finally get to give her a squeeze!!I
    Give her a big Aunt Shanghai Sharon kiss for me! Love you!

    ReplyDelete