"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." - Ancient Chinese Proverb








Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hong Kong Tour

Today our group spent the day touring Hong Kong. We took a bus tour to Victoria Peak. The winding narrow roads up the mountain were scarier than my 16 hour plane flight! The view is amazing - it was a little foggy, so the pictures did not turn out great. After Victoria Peak we went to Aberdeen fishing village and took a Sampan boat ride on the harbour ---glad we did not eat at the floating restaurant! We then went to do a little shopping and the tour ended with a dim sum lunch -lots of pork and tea - I'm sure Sharon will be disappointed she missed that! Everyone has been so wonderful in my group. I am so lucky to have such a great group of friends from my Yahoo CCAI LID group- they are all so nice to include me and make me feel comfortable and not alone. Matthew, our guide has been great. Tomorrow we leave the hotel in Hong Kong at 10am and take a bus to the airport in Guangdong province in mainland China to fly to Nanchang, Jiangxi (Aubrey's province). Tomorrow will be my last day without my daughter!! My life will be forever changed very soon-- Can't Wait!!!


View of Hong Kong from Victoria Peak

Beautiful walk at Victoria Peak


Sampon Boat

Floating Restaurant

Back of floating restaurant!
Lucy, Sue, Cary, Dave, Robert, Eric - with Angel (our Sampon Boat driver)


1 comment:

  1. The roads on HK Island made me car sick! Oh it was terrible. Plus it was virtually 100 degrees so by the time we got to the market I could barely stand up!

    ReplyDelete