"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." - Ancient Chinese Proverb








Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!!!!!



It's official!! Aubrey Mei Jing McDonnell is my daughter! -BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!!!Today our group went to the registration office, signed more documents, got pictures taken (which my girl hates- I think she cries at every camera she sees). To get pics of our girls, they needed to be placed in a little high chair -- my poor girl clung to me and just screamed. They had to take the picture of her crying with me still holding her. I feel so sorry for my sweet girl. Each government building we went into today-- she just started crying when we walked in the door. She is starting to open up to me. I got my first smile today! And some laughs! I got the gifts back today that I sent to the orphanage for her. As I started pulling out each one from the bag- she immediately started reaching for them. The big smile came when I pulled out a little packaged cake that the foster parents sent- my.girl loves her sweets. How kind of the foster family to send her treats. I am so blessed to have this beautiful, precious child in my life. Thank you God for the wonderful birthday present, for answering my prayers and allowing me to be Mommy to my precious Aubrey Mei.


Registration Office - my girl wants out of here!!


Laughing girl - I know it's blurry, but just had to post it!


She loves her cookie!

1 comment:

  1. Kathleen, she is just precious. I can tell by those last 2 pictures that she is already so happy with her new mama. I am crying tears of joy for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete