"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." - Ancient Chinese Proverb








Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Nanchang

I am now in Nanchang, the Capital city of Aubrey's province, Jiangxi! We arrived to the Crowne Plaza Hotel around 5pm on Sunday night 10/9/11. The group was met by our CCAI guides Evelyn and Sissi at Nanchang airport. They are so nice and assured me one of them will be able to get pictures of my Gotcha moment with Aubrey Mei tomorrow (around 11:00 am) - the moment my beautiful daughter will be placed in my arms forever! When I walked into the hotel room I found a crib and a little baby bath tub for Aubrey. What a site - brought tears to my eyes to see my room set up for my sweet baby. Don't worry, Mom -- of course she will be sleeping with me in the bed. A few minutes later I get a knock on the door and it was the delivery of two huge water bottles and rice cereal for my baby tomorrow!! This is REAL- I will be with my daughter in less than 17 hours!

See the crib next to the bed!

How cute!

Rice Cereal for Aubrey


Crowne Plaza - Home for 9 days (this is where I will meet Aubrey Mei for the first time!)

1 comment:

  1. Right about now as I write this, you are holding my beautiful niece in your loving arms for the first time! Welcome to the world of sleepness nights, high credit card balances for everything you will buy her, crayon artwork on your walls, endless Barney tapes, and a lifetime of infinite joy laughter, pride and bliss she will bring you! We are so proud of your finally getting to the most important chapter of your life, motherhood. Aubrey has no idea what she is in store for. She has the best Mom ever and a family that she will soon realize will never stop hugging and kissing her. I can't wait to meet her! Just about a week away from my China adventure too! Aunt Shanghai Sharon will see you soon Miss Aubrey!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete