"An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." - Ancient Chinese Proverb








Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, October 21, 2011

Last day in Guangzhou

Today we decided not to do any touring and just stay close to the hotel. It was nice not having to rush out to be anywhere. So glad we did not make plans because Aubrey Mei slept until 1000am -- and so did her Mommy! She woke up around 5am and of course wanted some playtime with Aunt Sha and Mommy. Back to sleep after about an hour - but poor Aunt Sha was up for the day! Had another great big breakfast and then went back to Shamian Island. We love just walking around the island and of course had to do a little more shopping -Aunt Sha is teaching her some bad habits! Aubrey needs to learn her Mommy is not much of a Shopper. We said goodbye to the Lyman family today. It is amazing how close you can get to some people in such a short amount of time. We are going to miss them so much! Hoping to get together with them in Boca Grande - I really want Aubrey Mei to keep that connection with her cousin Gracie Lin. We need to learn to skype! Missed saying goodbye to the Valcheff family today- miss them already! I hope we keep in touch and some day we get to meet the twins. My sister and daughter are sleeping in the bed together - can't even begin to express the love I feel for both daughter and sister! My precious Aubrey Mei loves her WahWah Shang Sha! We leave for Hong Kong tomorrow at 10am for a 4pm flight to JFK -I may not be able to update the blog until we arrive in NY. Thank you to all our family and friends for your love and prayers. I am so looking forward to going home, but must say I am sitting here crying as I realize I am taking my daughter away from her birth country, all she has known for 13 months- wish somehow I could let her birth parents know just how much this beautiful child is loved and cherished, could never imagine the deep pain they must of have felt having to give her up. I know I will give my girl a wonderful life in the states, but just a little sad to leave her country. I know her foster parents must be sad and missing this sweet girl, but I know I can update them on Aubrey's life with me through the orphanage - hopefully that will give them some peace and comfort as they see how much she is loved by this whole big wonderful family.  Hope to one day return with her so she can see the beauty of her China. Thank you, God, for my precious China girl- please keep all of us safe on our journey home.

Another day of shopping -- Yeah!

Beautiful statue in front of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic church on Shamian Island

I was in tears over this picture - this man reminded me so much of Aubrey Mei's grandpa in heaven! I really felt his presence today looking over my sweet daughter.

precious!

Aunt Sha and her shopping wore me out again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment